Get ready to have a new favorite lip scrub! This is so easy to make and smells absolutely delicious. When I first started my Etsy shop, this was one of my best sellers. Everyone loved it and I had many repeat customers buying up this lip scrub. I’m thinking it was because of the amazing, cakey-goodness that they would experience every time they opened up their jar and used it!
I’m sharing my recipe with you so that you can make this scrub for yourself and enjoy a quick and easy DIY this weekend. The only thing you’ll have to do is resist eating this instead of slathering it on your lips.
Birthday Cake Lip Scrub
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup sugar (white will do fine and is preferred if you want to color it, but if not, brown sugar makes a wonderful substitution)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Drizzle of vitamin E (for preservation)
- Pink food coloring (optional)
- Place your coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and warm it at 10-second intervals until mostly dissolved. This will make stirring your concoction easier. Just make sure it doesn’t get too warm.
- Stir in your desired sugar. Honestly, you can stop at this step if you want a simple recipe.
- Stir in your vanilla and drizzle in your vitamin E. Make sure it gets stirred quite well so that it’s all incorporated.
- Lastly, if you want to make your lip scrub pop, add one drop of pink food coloring. Take caution when doing this step. Remember that this is being rubbed all over your lips and possibly the perimeter of your mouth. Therefore, you may get some color transfer if you use too much. Certainly, if you reduce the recipe size, do not use the same amount of food coloring– this is the amount needed for the full recipe size. You don’t need to add the coloring if you’re afraid of this.
- To use the scrub, moisten your lips with water. Scrub about a tablespoon onto your dry lips. Your lips will be soft and hydrated. Use about two times per week.
I hope you enjoy this fun DIY! It’s so simple and so effective at leaving your lips soft and hydrated.