Everyone’s always looking for that quick and easy, go-to recipe for those last minute gatherings and family dinners. I have made this banana pudding on numerous occasions– it requires minimal ingredients and tastes better the longer it sits in the fridge!
I made this delicious recipe last night and it’s so simple, it almost doesn’t need a recipe, but I decided to put one up anyway since the world needs to know just how easy this is to make!
- 1 tub of Cool Whip
- 2 3.4 ounce packages of instant banana pudding mix
- 4 cups of milk
- 1 box of Nilla Wafers
- 5 bananas
- Take your tub of Cool Whip and set it out at room temperature for about an hour or until easily stirred. If you have a little more time, just place it in your fridge overnight and it’ll be good to go the next day.
- Pour your pudding mix into a bowl and add your milk. Stir together for about 2 minutes and set aside for 5 minutes. You will notice after that allotted time that your pudding is now thicker.
- Peel your bananas and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Take out a 13 by 9 inch baking dish. Place an even layer of your Nilla Wafers on the bottom of the pan. Make sure to use only half the box.
- Next, take half of your cut up bananas and place an even layer directly on top of your wafers.
- Pour half of the pudding mixture on top. It’s best to place this in globs and spread it out with a spatula.
- Place a layer of the Nilla wafers on top of your pudding mix, repeating step 4.
- Place the remaining bananas on top of the wafers.
- Pour the remaining amount of pudding on top of the bananas and smooth out your layer.
- Now you can get creative like I did in my pictures, or you can go the old fashioned route. You may spoon your Cool Whip into a piping bag and pipe a creative design on top of the pudding mix, or simply smooth out the contents of the tub. Either way, it’ll taste the same.
- If you have any remaining Nilla Wafers, crush them finely and sprinkle on top of your pudding.
- Let set for at least an hour, but overnight is best.
- Happy eating!
See! So quick and easy– anyone can make it! I hope you enjoy this recipe and remember: that not everything has to be complicated to be tasty!